Floristry & Plant Care
This is a 1-Day workshop conducted on a Wednesday on our Advanced and Interior Yacht Service Course in contemporary floristry design, care and maintenance. No experience required. The module explores elements and principles of design and basic floristry techniques, hand trying and arranging in flower foam.
Current trends in fashion and interiors are discussed, and how they might be complemented by floristry designs and applied in contemporary work to create eye-catching arrangements.
Module Outline / Key Outcomes
Through demonstration of the latest tricks, techniques and products in floristry, students are encouraged to experiment and develop skills to create their own arrangements back onboard, working with a range of cut flowers, props, colours and themes.
By the end of the module, delegates will be able to:
• Use flowers to enhance room interiors
• Apply design elements and principles to theme an event
• Create settings for a formal dinner, including candelabras
• Create settings for al fresco lunches
• Buy flowers, foliage and containers
• Understand how to prolong the life of flowers
Our Floristry module is held in Cannes thought by our local Florist Sachiko Katsurada who we work with in conjuction to our Advanced and Interior Courses.